The Ingredients To Gather:
- 1 ½ lb ground beef
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 3 slices bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- ½ cup ketchup
- Use a slow-cooker cooking bag – find these in the aisle with the aluminum foil.
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients except ketchup. Shape mixture into loaf, and place in center of slow cooker. Spread ketchup over top.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 3 to 4 hours or until meat thermometer inserted in center of loaf reads 160°F.
If you are not a fan of certain veggies you can always substitute and use others. Make sure that you cut them very small and make sure not to have excess water when you throw them in the Crock Pot or slow cooker since it can be mushy if you’re not careful.
- ground beef
- cup milk
- fresh sage leaves
- ground mustard
- minced garlic or teaspoon garlic powder
- small onion, chopped