Ingredients To Gather:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- salt and pepper to taste (about ½ teaspoon each)
- 1½ cups pepper jack cheese, shredded
Step By Step Directions To Follow:
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and season with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is very hot, add the chicken and cook until golden brown. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add the broth, salsa verde, cream, uncooked pasta, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the chicken and 1 cup of cheese. Stir until smooth and creamy. Top with remaining ½ cup cheese and broil in the oven until golden brown for about 3 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
This spicy, cheesy, pasta won’t leave you disappointed. It’s definitely more classy than your usual macaroni and cheese.
Source: Recipe Station