A delicious, easy dinner of chicken and pasta that welcomes your individual touch. I put this together after a quick look to see what I had on hand. My family loved it!
Yields: 6 servings
- 3/4 to 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped into bite-size(1-inch) pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil sliced into strips
- 1 can extra large pitted black olives slices
- 16 ounces Bucatini or Linguini
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Parmesan cheese and Asiago cheese at the table
OTHER ADDITIONS THAT WOULD WORK FOR MY FAMILY AND SHOULD GO IN THE SKILLET WHEN THE CHICKEN IS COOKED
- Crumbled bacon
- Sliced grape tomatoes instead of sun-dried
- Pitted, sliced Kalamata olives
- Sliced artichoke hearts
- Pine Nuts (definitely pine nuts)
Bring to a boil in a large pot, enough water for 1 lb of pasta. Add salt and pasta when water comes to a brisk boil. Cook until al dente, approximately 12 minutes (for Bucatini) or according to the pasta instructions.
While you wait for the water to boil:
Pour one tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Lightly salt the chicken and add to the skillet Cook until lightly golden….about 8-10 minutes. Add garlic, sliced sun-dried tomatoes, sliced olives and cook for a few more minutes. Use a spatula to make sure everything is cooked evenly. Cover, turn off heat and let sit while you wait for the pasta to be cooked.
When the pasta is cooked, drain off most of the water, leaving about 1/2 cup. Return the drained pasta to the pot it was cooked in, add the 1/2 cup water, the chicken mixture and toss to combine. Add the remaining olive oil and toss one more. Transfer to a serving platter or serving bowl.