- 5 to 6 cups cauliflower florets (1 large head of cauliflower)
- 7 cups water + 1 cube vegetable bouillon (optional)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 to 3 tsp minced garlic (I used the pre minced/bottled kind)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Combine the water and vegetable bouillon cube in a large pot over high heat and bring to a boil. Add the cauliflower florets and cook, covered, until fork tender (about 7 minutes).
- Meanwhile melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cauliflower from the large pot to a blender and add a cup of the cooking liquid. Add the garlic butter mixture to the blender as well as the salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper and milk. Remove the center of the lid to the blender to vent and cover with a clean towel. Blend until smooth and creamy (about 20 to 30 seconds).
- Pour the cauliflower sauce back into the large pan (that was used to cook the garlic) and return to medium low heat. Add the grated parmesan cheese to the sauce and stir until melted and combined. Serve the sauce hot over a bed of cooked noodles. Enjoy!
1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon (optional)
- 2 tbsp butter
- minced garlic (I used the pre minced/bottled kind)
- black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes
- cup milk
- grated parmesan cheese
Source: I Wash You Dry